20 June 2008

Jumper


So, maybe I should have something clever to say during this like: "Jumper is like a teleportation to another world that gives us something to dream about." or "The teleporting aspect of this movie made me Jump to see it, ha ha ha!"

That may have not been a very good attempt at becoming a real critic but I have been thinking critically toward this movie, and here is my truth about this movie wrapped up in a critics stupid comment: "While I was watching this movie I want
ed to Jump to the ending or even to an Amish community where they don't allow electronics, only to save myself from the embarrassment of actually admitting to watching this wretched, horrific atrocity." I threw a little bit o' Simon Cowell in there for you Idol fanatics.

The visual effects were very good, the interesting take on during a teleportation space time continuum is interrupted. I really liked the thought that went behind the concept of what it may be like to teleport. Hayden Christiansen is almost completely typecast, all I could think about was: "This guy was Darth Vader for cryin out loud, he couldn't really be this much of a pansy?!" It was fun to live out a fantasy of being able to teleport through this movie and everything he did I probably would have done if I could travel through time and space.


There were some aspects of the storyline I wanted to see more of. I won't ruin the movie if i tell you this so you can keep reading. They only mention the ability to travel through time but never show a snipit of it. I would have liked to see at least one scene of travel through time, is that all to ask? Anywho, I was excited to see this but was let down at the end.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online