28 May 2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

I know that my many avid readers have been waiting with baited breath for this review of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. So, without any hesitation here we go:

The reason I have been reluctant to put this review on is I really wanted this to be a great movie, one for the record books and it seems it just wasn’t in the cards! I do not even really want to say all that much simply because I don’t want to give anything away.

Indiana Jones a.k.a. “Jr.” is back doing what he does best, outwitting the Nazis because well, the Nazis are stupid! I was really excited to see that they had brought back Karen Allen from Raiders of the Lost Ark. It seemed that everyone was present and accounted for, with some new faces, in this all-star cast, as they say. Most of the action is great with a few minor exceptions of stunts that when you see them you are thinking: “What?”, with a disbelieving look on your face but then you think, “It’s Indiana Jones, he can do anything!” and then you’re like “OK, dude!”

It really actually sucks that I can only review and talk about my frustrations of this movie with people that have seen it! This is what I am going to do: I am just going to let you go see it, because I know you will probably go to see it no matter what I say and I don’t blame you, it was a good movie just not a great movie that continues in the style of greatness of the previous three films.

Perhaps that’s what it was, I went with too much expectation? That has to be the reason, I have felt it before with Spider-man 3, Major League 2, Batman 3 & 4, and the list goes on! What Hollywood does is build up anticipation for a movie like the Fourth installment in the Indiana Jones series. They build movies up so much that your expectations are so high it has to be, absolutely has to be, the GREATEST movie for our thirst to be quenched! Yet only once in a while, I would say 3 – 5 movies per year do I actually feel physically full after watching a movie.

The choice is up to you, as it always has been; I only offer my insight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reassuring me that my decision to now see this is the right one. I agree with the Hollywood hype creating a higher expectation than is usually presented!

I do want to see Kung Fu Panda (my daughter wants to see it for her birthday. The Happening is on my list and The Dark Knight might make it. Usually I wait for the dvd of most movies because the disappointment after paying so much is to great. The popcorn makes me happy though! :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online